Matthew is 3 1/2 now - a very precocious 3 1/2 I might add...!
Some new info....we're currently having the boys tested by the county - we've had just a few incidents with Matthew - that we're trying to help meet his needs for learning and development. He's recently shown some anger/aggression/frustration in response to some of his peers - and family - enough that we're trying to find ways to help him cope with the world around him - so he'll be better prepared once he's of age to enter kindergarten.
Other parts of our day are spent going for walks to the park, up to cousin's house to play, ride bikes, swim in their pool, run through our sprinkler, swing and slide on our playhouse and wrestle with Mommy and Daddy complete with declarations of "You're goin' down!" Very, very cute when coming from our blonde dandy and little brown boy....!
Mom: Matty, lets change your diaper son. Get up on the couch, please. (thinking this will be slightly more comfortable than the hard floor)
Matt: No, Mommy! I can't! Not on the couch!
Mom: Whyever not?!
Matt: If I get up on the couch, I'll roll off! If I roll off, I'll fall on the toy! If I fall on the toy, I'll cut my pee-pee off! And if I cut my pee-pee off, I'll be a girl!
I don't wanna be a girl, Mommy!!!
Can't fault logic like that!
Matt is still extremely loving with his brother - when he's not pushing him down the slide, "tagging" him (pushing extra hard to let brother know he's 'it'), or dragging him around and making him do what he wants to do and play what he wants to play.
Matt is still extremely loving with his brother - when he's not pushing him down the slide, "tagging" him (pushing extra hard to let brother know he's 'it'), or dragging him around and making him do what he wants to do and play what he wants to play.
LOL.
So, needless to say, he's a normal, fairly well-adjusted, older brother....
Joshua is a pip! His favorite thing in the world is gum. Chewing gum. The only problem is, he chews it for 2-4 minutes, swallows it and then throws the worlds hugest tantrum to try and get another piece of gum.
I hate to admit it, but there are select times when I give in. Namely public places, that require a little more decorum, but other than that, it's a pretty hard, fast line of 2 pieces per day. We're working on the communication barrier of why gum's not good for our tummies.
Both boys are absolutely 100% Daddy's Boys. I'm only needed for kissing cuts, scrapes, bruises, making snacks and lunches, tucking them into bed and singing lullabies. :D
These boys are real Boys' Boys.
Though they both have the sweetest, most tender hearts....!
Joshua cried during Little Einsteins - Melody the Music Pet - when she had to get on the pet train ('cuz I'm sure you wanted to know the in's and out's of the storyline...lol) and could not be comforted. He kept crying, wanting me to hold him and he just kept repeating over and over again...
"Sad. Sad."
It took ten minutes, including three rewinds - to convince Josh that all was well in the Einstein's world. At least enough so, that we could all go to bed!
Life is challenging raising these boys, I have to admit! There are days they give me a complete and total run for my money....like the curious incidents of the fridge being broken into (there are 3 child locks on there - that the boys either 'muscle' their way into - or in Matt's case - undo!) and added incidents of more eggs being broken through the house, soy sauce on the stairs and through out the house (just follow the puddles....! It was a Costco size bottle!) Adding dirty diapers to the washing machine - 'cuz they wanted to get them clean - cooking oil on my piano and the coffee tables and all over the hardwood floors....you name the mess, or the ingredients, and they can come up with several hundred different ways to 'create' a mess. LOL.
Life is challenging raising these boys, I have to admit! There are days they give me a complete and total run for my money....like the curious incidents of the fridge being broken into (there are 3 child locks on there - that the boys either 'muscle' their way into - or in Matt's case - undo!) and added incidents of more eggs being broken through the house, soy sauce on the stairs and through out the house (just follow the puddles....! It was a Costco size bottle!) Adding dirty diapers to the washing machine - 'cuz they wanted to get them clean - cooking oil on my piano and the coffee tables and all over the hardwood floors....you name the mess, or the ingredients, and they can come up with several hundred different ways to 'create' a mess. LOL.
All in all, I still wouldn't trade them for the world!!! :D It's been my greatest reward to see Matthew say the blessing and prayer, during family night and every other night - to talk with him and Josh about Jesus, to teach them to be kind and loving, and to love them so much - and see that love reciprocated in every look, every touch - every breath I see them breathe, as I watch them sleep at night....
They are such a joy. Their faces say it all when they light up as they see us walk into the room.
And I'm just so overwhelmed and overjoyed, that we get to be their teachers and parents through this rollercoaster ride of life. :D
Hope you enjoy the pictures....a friend of mine took them, so she could practice her craft. She's an amateur photographer - and I must say, she did an excellent job! :D
We'll have some family photos taken here pretty soon - the boys' Uncle David is preparing to leave for a church mission to Brazil....and it'll be our last opportunity to have the whole family appear in one photo - for about 2 years. :D
I'll try to be better about posting - but I can't promise anything - as Tonka gardening takes up a lot of time. LOL.
Much love to you and yours....
Liz, Stann, Matt & Josh
No comments:
Post a Comment